3.5 million people in the US get basal and squamous cell skin cancer each year , to help avoid being one of them follow these sunscreen steps.
1. Look for a product that contains both zinc oxide and titanium dioxide. These two mineral ingredients help create a physical barrier protecting skin against UVB and UVA rays better then any other ingredients.
2. Look for products that say "broad spectrum" which means they protect against UVA and UVB (some products only protect against one or the other).
3. Avoid products with these chemical ingredients: Oxybenzone, Octinoxate, Retinyl Palmitate ( vitamin A), Homosalate, Octocrylene, Paraben preservatives . These ingredients are known to cause allergic reactions, hormone disruption, premature aging and cancer.
4. Wear sunscreen on cloudy days , even on those gray days the sun is out and able to attack your skin.
5. Look for a sunscreen with 30 spf.
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.
Double-tap to edit.