Another way to help you out of the blues, FACIALS ! Not only do facials make your skin look better and feel better ( giving you more confidence ) but they also help relax you and bring out your feel good endorphins . A good facial is like a mini vacation leaving you refreshed and recharged for this crazy world . For mental and physical health its best to get a facial at least once a month . Get happy ! Get a facial!
If you are out in the sun try to reapply every 2 hours or after swimming or sweating. Wear sunscreen even on cloudy days (if there is light the sun is out). Wear sunscreen even if you are spending your day in a car and or in a building with windows. Make sure you use a generous amount on exposed skin. Don't rely only on a make-up with sunscreen for full protection. Don't forget to protect ears, back of neck, hands (both sides) and, if wearing shorts and sandals, legs and feet. These areas along with the face and scalp are where skin cancer is most commonly reported. For extra protection wear a hat and get regular facials. Lastly, keep in mind that a sun tan is the first sign of skin damage.
"An actinic keratosis, also known as solar keratosis, is a scaly or crusty growth ( lesion ). It most often appears on the bald scalp, face, ears, lips, back of the hands and forearms, shoulders, neck or any areas of the body frequently exposed to the sun...In the beginning, actinic keratosis are frequently so small they are recognized by touch rather sight.. they develop slowly and may disappear only to reappear later... if you have actinic keratosis, it indicates you have sustained skin damage and could develop any kind of skin cancer."-Skin Cancer Foundation
Preventions includes avoiding too much sun exposure, the correct sunscreen applied properly and regular facials.
The basic to-do's for healthy skin:
1. Washing your face every night thoroughly and applying a moisturizer that's right for your skin .
2. Drink at least 8, 8oz of water, more if you workout or are out in the sun.
3. Broad spectrum sunscreen 30 spf with ingredients zinc oxide and titanium dioxide ( without nano's), applied evenly, everyday to any exposed skin, even on cloudy days and when riding in a car or being in a building with windows.
4. Keeping your phone and sunglasses sanitized.
5. Facials at least once a month with a licensed esthetician.
6. Regular exercise.
7. Eating fresh fruits and vegetables everyday.
8. Washing your pillow case every 2 weeks.
9. Keeping make-up brushes and other make-tools clean.
1. Zack Galifianakis (pictured)
2. Anthony Davis
3. Lourdes Leon
4. Martin Scorsese
What do these 4 celebrities have in common ?... Bushy, over grown brows that need a little threading tlc. These messy eyebrows are not only hard on the eyes they are distracting from the persons face and overall appearance. If you too have been born with distracting, unruly eyebrows get a appointment today with me (Kara) and turn your eyebrows into an eye wow, instead of an eye sore!
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.